The people who are most prone to open and large pores are the ones who have oily skin. This problem can also result in acne breakouts and blackheads.
The sebum blocks the pores and causes open and large pores. This excess sebum is full of bacteria and dirt. On top of that, the blackheads can make the pores more obvious from afar.
Another reason for open pores is too much sun. If you expose your skin to too much direct sunlight, it can harm the collagen and lower the elasticity of the skin. Therefore, the pore canals appear wider and more obvious.
Moreover, open pores are common if you do not take care of your skin or you are stressed. Plus, genetics have a huge influence on the type of skin you have. Furthermore, with age, the skin is even more prone pores.
So, it is popular to use cosmetic products to get rid of the open pores, but we all know that the natural way is the best way. Because the pores are a natural occurrence on the skin, it is better to try cheap and easy remedies you can make at home.
Best 10 Remedies to Treat Open Pores
1. Plain Yogurt
Yogurt can minimize the lines and wrinkles that appear on the skin. It has lactic acid that helps with reducing the oil in the skin, remove dead skin cells and dirt. Therefore, it is useful for getting rid of the unwanted open pores.
- Use the yogurt on your face the same way you apply typical face masks. After 10 minutes wash it off. You can use this method daily/once a month/four times a week.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of gram flour. Apply it on the face and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off. You can use this remedy 2 times a week for one month.
- To get rid of acne on your skin, mix two aspirin tablets with 1 teaspoon yogurt and 1 whisked egg white. Let the mixture rest on the face for 15-20 minutes and wash it off. Use this method once or twice a week. After some uses, you will notice your acne fade away.
2. Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrub can exfoliate the skin, remove impurities and excess oil.
- You will need 1 tablespoon olive oil, few drops from a squeezed lemon, 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix these ingredients together.
- Also, you can use honey and lemon juice together with sugar if you want to replace the olive oil. Use the same amounts of the ingredients and apply it on your face. Let it stay for 10 minutes. Use it until you get the results you want.
- Apply either mixture on the skin and leave it for 20-30 min. Use it once or twice a week.
- Cut one small slice from a lemon, use a little sugar on it and rub it on the face. It may sting a little but leave it for 10 minutes before you wash it off. Use it two times a week for some weeks.
3. Lemon Juice
Because of the citric acid that it contains, the lemon juice is an excellent exfoliator for the skin and pores. Moreover, you can use it to get rid of dark spots, because of the bleaching effect it gives.
- Squeeze some juice from lemon and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey. Make sure that the honey is organic. Leave the mixture on your face for 10-15 minutes and wash it off. You can repeat this process for at least a month.
- If you don’t like honey, you can use tomato and lemon juice to create an alternate mixture. Let it rest on the face for 10-15 minutes. If you want to see results, you must repeat this process for at least one month.
- Another way to use lemon juice is with cinnamon powder. Mix some of it together and apply the mixture on your face. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Use this method daily for a month.
This simple remedy can help tighten the skin and reduce temporary redness. This helps shrink pores before you apply makeup. Therefore, it will boost the health of the skin and help with the circulation.
- Put the ice cubes in a thin bag or a cloth and hold it on the face for 15-30 seconds. Repeat this few times a day to see improvements.
- You can also wash your face with cold water.
- For better results, mix the ice cubes with apple juice, rose water, cucumber juice, rose water or green tea.
This veggie is perfect for improving the texture of the skin, for shrinking pores and giving the skin a natural glow.
- You will need the juice from the cucumber, so grate it and squeeze it in a cloth to get the juice out of the veggie. Use the juice on your face for 15-20 minutes and wash it off.
- Mix the cucumber juice with lemon juice or rose water. Leave the mixture on your face for 10-15 minutes.
There is no fear of using this method too much; you can do it as much as you need until you see improvements.
Not only is the oatmeal great for shrinking the pores, but it is also a perfect exfoliator for the skin. Moreover, it can help remove excess oil and dead skin. After you use it, you will feel like you have a soft baby skin.
- Combine 2 tablespoons milk powder, 2 tablespoons of oatmeal together with 5 tablespoons of honey. Apply the mixture with circular motions and let it rest for 15 minutes to dry. Use cool water to wash and scrub your face. Use this method two times a week.
Therefore your skin will receive great treatment, and protection from the sun.
7. Egg white
Egg whites can tighten the skin and shrink pores.
- Whisk the egg white and use it on the face. Apply tissue on top of the egg white to ease the process of peeling. Let it dry and peel it off.
- Combine two whisked egg whites with some lemon juice and oatmeal. Let the mixture rest on the face for 10 minutes. Do this for one month few times a week.
- Another solution is to mix the whisked egg white with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and oatmeal. Let It dry for 30 min. Scrub it off and wash it. Use this method two times per week for a few weeks.
8. Baking Soda
Baking soda has many uses. When it comes to the skin, it can work as an exfoliator, remove excess oil, reduce acne and dirt from the skin. Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Combine slightly warm water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Use it on the face and wash it off. Use this method daily for a few weeks.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
This vinegar is a great skin toner and a natural astringent. Therefore it can reduce pores, acne, restores pH balance and tightens the skin. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Combine the same amounts of water and apple cider vinegar. Make sure that the vinegar is organic. Apply the mixture with a cotton pad. Let it rest for a few minutes and wash it off. Use this method as a cleanser for the skin before you apply moisturizer. After a few weeks, you can see how the skin improves.
10. Fuller’s Earth
This natural remedy also goes by the name ‘Multani mitti’. It can act as an exfoliator, help with pores and excess oil. Furthermore, it is great for reducing the redness of damaged skin, blemishes and scars.
- Make a mixture with 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth and rose water. It will form a paste. Use it on the face and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Rinse and scrub the dried paste. Repeat this method once or twice per week on a regular basis.